CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Saturday 2 January 2021

Moth

I posted about my old furry (and otherwise textile) friends two years ago.  Eventually I brought them home in a cardboard box and stowed them - safely, so I thought - in the attic.

But when I went to look one of them out before Christmas, tragedy had struck the merry band, in the form of a vicious attack by moths.

In the case of Daisy and Bonny, this proved fatal. Some of the others also, to whom I wasn't particularly attached, have been banished as likely carriers.

On the plus side though, as a child (literally) of the sixties, most of my toys were made of synthetic fibres. So Jumbo Tint is unscathed apart from a tiny nibble to his velvet ear-lining, Mint the dog is no more dog-eared than previously, and Whisky the Crimplene rabbit remains pretty much indestructable as long as he stays away from hot irons.

They have all been quarantined in a big plastic bag pending treatment.

Today's reason to be cheerful: Finally getting a supermarket delivery slot for the first time since October.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, Putting them in the freezer for a couple of days is a good way to get rid of the moths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I had heard that it was a minimum of a fortnight - and there is absolutely no room in my freezer!

    ReplyDelete