CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Thursday 14 January 2021

Snow

 

We had quite a few hours of snow today, which has settled (or stuck, as they say up here). I don't know what other areas have had it - my colleague in rural Derbyshire at about 9:30 hadn't - which is the opposite way round to usual. By the time it stopped it was a good couple of inches deep, possibly more. It was nice, looking at it and knowing that I didn't have to set foot outside the door. I haven't even unlocked the back door for two days (and the front door, of course, is never unlocked - this is Walkley).

I wonder if it will still be there in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment