CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Monday 18 January 2021

Renewal

Whilst I had my chequebook out, I also renewed my membership of the Cinema Organ Society. This did not go off to anywhere as atavistically satisfying as Sidcup, but - and this is even better - I was requested to include a stamped addressed envelope for the return of my membership card. 

Having just read this article about Coventry, I also considered joining the Twentieth Century Society (I might yet, but it's a bit dear).

It must be a sign (one of many) of getting old that I can remember when the twentieth century was the epitome of modernity - and now it stands for Sidcup, and SAEs, and cinema organs, and there are adults alive today who have never lived in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment