CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Sunday 28 April 2019

The icing on the cake (or the sugar on the Bath bun)

As we crossed a turnover bridge, I thought I espied an old boat on the towpath where we were heading. This was very exciting, as I was with someone with very little knowledge of old boats, and not much more interest, so I was able to entrance and inform her as I went through the process of identifying it as a Woolwich butty - though I must confess I initially thought it was a small - so imagine my delight when the owner emerged to tell us that it was in fact Aston.
So, a large Woolwich to make my big weekend away complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment