CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Saturday 19 January 2019

Plant potty

An occasional series in which I lazily fill a post with a photo of something I've bought in a charity shop.

There are no charity shops to speak of in Walkley. There is one, but we don't speak of it. My colleague who used to live in Walkley tells me that it was known as the 'Dead Dog Shop' and that for many months there was a boxed set of Will and Grace DVDs in the window with a cat poo on top.

So my charity shop fix now involves a three mile round trip through Crookes and Broomhill - a fun way to spend a Saturday morning.

And this is one of my finds from the latest foray. St Lukes Vintage shop, Broomhill, £5.

No comments:

Post a Comment