CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Tuesday 11 June 2019

The (less) stylish and convenient way to make toast

 Because it was a wet and windy afternoon, and we were hunkered down in the hold, I took the opportunity to test out a recent charity shop purchase. I had one of these things many years ago when for a couple of misguided years I used to go camping, and it worked well on a gas flame. How would it do on the spirit stove?
The answer is, it did OK; a bit slower, I think, but it sort of turned into toast at the end, after curling up and needing to be turned round a few times. Some tongs would have been useful, but I made do with a couple of forks.

The title is for Jim (and any other connoisseurs of the 1990s Viking office supplies catalogue).

No comments:

Post a Comment