CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Thursday 13 June 2019

Heady heights

I came back from the pub last night to find the Chertsey was at number 9 in the UK Waterways Sites rankings, and (thus) at number 2 in the blog rankings!
I think that's as much as I can hope for in the medium term.

But ten or so years ago, I wouldn't have dreamed it possible. It's not, however, because I've got better or more popular. It's because there are fewer blogs and bloggers, and they post less frequently, which is a sad thing. I suspect that my recent meteoric rise is in part at least owing to my multiple daily posts in the preceding week (although I had previously managed third place without that). My fairly consistent presence in the top five blogs, though, is just attrition.

I have never joined Facebook. I rarely use Twitter (now I can post by email). I feel no need to Instagram or Snapchat. I began as a blogger and a blogger I shall remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment