CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Bit of a cock up on the posting front

My post about the Langsett/Middlewood Road that should have gone up this morning hasn't. I probably forgot to set the time - that's the usual reason - although I did think I'd checked. Anyway, here I am at Alvecote. Got out of the marina with a bit of roping and am now tied up on the towpath awaiting the arrival of Jim and Da Boyzz. I'm on the towpath because it's rather breezy and this was where the boat decided it wanted to be! When Jim gets here and we can get someone on the bank I'll have another go - it's not very convenient here for unloading the beer from the car.

Ian is here tied up on the outside, no doubt the next in the wooden queue for Ade's ministrations. We looked at Ian many years ago when we were first looking and even then could see that it would be too rich for our blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment