CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Monday 10 June 2019

One good turn

No photos, no video, and only three people outside the Greyhound, but it was a good one. Not perfect; not round in one, but definitely my best yet, because I got completely clear of the bridgehole before I even needed to think about reversing. In fact, it almost came round - I was willing it to, and a little bit more power probably would have done it. But even though it was pretty much at the last second I flung it into reverse, there was no head-on impact, but more of a glancing sideswipe - it was that nearly round. The briefest of reverses, then round she came into the stoplock. I know now that it is possible, and one day I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment