CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Friday 8 February 2019

What's the advantage?

I have a fair bit of brass at home, but no Brasso, which is all on the boat. I wanted to polish my GWR carriage lamps, and the only form of Brasso I could get in Tesco's was this:
Now, obviously I'd come across Duraglit wadding before, but I don't think I've ever tried to use it in my adult life. Having tried unsuccessfully to apply it to my lamps, and ended up with bits everywhere, I am left wondering, what's the good of it? What possible advantage does it offer over a bottle of Brasso and a rag?

4 comments:

  1. Well there's always a positive somewhere Sarah... perhaps it's as simple as if you knock it over it won't spill as it's not a liquid... Sorry I can't think of a really useful answer though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a mix of salt and vinegar solution (not crisps) works a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When polishing the brass in Church an old parishioner told me to put the wedding or a cloth with brass in a pair of fine tights and used that way it keeps the wedding together and gets the grim out of the brass, the memorials in Church never looked better.

    ReplyDelete