CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Delicious dinner

I must say (again) how wonderfully impressed I am with the Epping stove. One thing I certainly didn't expect was to be able to light it, and be cooking on the hotplate within half an hour. I've now successfully cooked sausages, as well as bacon - the one thing I haven't yet tried is a casserole.

Anyway, on the final evening of our last visit I collected together all the food we had left to use up and came up with this recipe, which turned out to be rather delicious.

a packet of bacon, chopped into small pieces
two red peppers, chopped
six tomatoes, cut into 8ths
tin of baked beans

Fry the bacon and peppers. When they're soft add the tomatoes and cook til they're soft too. Add the beans and heat through. Serve with buttered crusty bread.

You could do it with all sorts of other leftovers too, and some Worcester sauce or something in it would be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment