We are meant to be going back to Braunston today, to take Chertsey to Alvecote, where Martin (Kestrel) is going to do the paintwork. We weren't planning to do the painting until next year but made a snap decision at the weekend after talking to him and looking at the work he'd done on Stanton and Admiral, among others, which we were pretty impressed with. Being a skinflint, I have already purchased out tickets to Long Buckby, going via Watford Junction. Not only is this cheaper, but it cuts out the tube, which is a boon on a hot touristy day.
The best laid plans etc etc. Before we go, I have to sign off some results at work. These were meant to be available on Thursday, but still haven't arrived. Had I but booked tickets via Euston, I could have just nipped out en route and attended to this - now I will have to see if I can change the tickets, but first I would really want to know that the damn things were there for me to sign!
Then, to add to the excitement, we are planning to catch a bus - yes, a bus! - from Long Buckby to Braunston. I have a feeling this may turn out to be a rather fraught day.
Watch my stats
23 hours ago