CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Thursday 21 July 2011

Rain, rain... and I'm not away

I love to sit inside watching a good downpour. My favourite spot is sitting in the back cabin, by the nice warm stove, with the slide pulled over but the back hatches open, watching the rain shine the boats, wash the hedges and buildings and replenish the canal.


This on the other hand is the view from my office window... I wish I was on the boat!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    Soon be aboard..... You need to have a word with your estates guys to have a bit of a clear up !

    Nev

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's after they've tidied it up! It's a bit of e forgotten outpost, which is how I like it really.

    ReplyDelete