Tuesday, 17 August 2010
Having successfully handwashed it (albeit with a fair bit of effort, and not escaping without getting wet), I decided to chance the first ever rag rug that I made in the washing machine. This is a rather super new machine that we have recently bought, which has different programmes that I actually use, which is a first. I thought that if the rug could survive the vissicitudes of being bundled about in a big bucket of water and lifted out sodden, then a Woolmark wool wash and 600 spin would be a doddle. And so it has proved; the rug is unscathed. On the downside, so is most of the dirt.