CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Sunday 4 September 2011

Foriegn food

One of the joys of travel of course is sampling the diffent local cuisines. Last night Linda served up an absolutely splendid meat and potato pie that she'd made, together with mushy peas (NOT out of a tin), gravy, pickled red cabbage and Henderson's relish. And all washed down with some bottles of beer from theSheffield's Kelham Island Brewery. It was stunning.


They were horrified to learn that I was forty before I'd ever tasted mushy peas.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. So, you first tasted mushy peas a year ago then;-)
    I like the look of your broads cruiser - I grew up at the head of navigation on the Bure and was particularly fond of the old wooden ones (but hated the blue plastic Bermuda's!)

    ReplyDelete