CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Sunday 1 January 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hooray! I managed my 100 posts for 2016.

Once I'm back in Sheffield I shall pick up again and try to better that in 2017, even as the world collapses about our ears. I shan't be sorry to say goodbye to 2016, a year in which many horrid things happened - but it will also be memorable for the wonderful summer trip down to Woking and up the Thames, so it wasn't all bad.

I should have plenty to write about next year... on the cards is docking, an Easter trip to Brownhills and Walsall, a birthday cruise up the Ashby, the decoration of the back cabin and of course the Braunston (non stop?!) and Alvecote gatherings - but no long trips. Let's hope that whatever unexpected things 2017 brings are nice ones.

So here's to a good road for everyone in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment