CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Thursday 6 May 2021

Camellia and magnolia

I think. 

A tree and a bush in gorgeous flower on my way back from Broomgrove Terrace. Pretty sure this is a magnolia (although far removed rom the insipid paint colour we associate with the name)

I'm fairly (albeit slightly less) confident that this is a camellia
The intriguing thing was that the stripy flowers really did seem to be on the same bush as the plain pink ones. Is this a possibility, or was I just failing to see the join?



No comments:

Post a Comment