CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Wednesday 30 December 2020

Woke up to this and thought 'oh bugger'

Then I remembered that I don't have to go out.

I don't need to negotiate slippery slopes and shuffle through slushy gutters.

On current plans, I won't be expected to leave the house until February 10th - and that's if face to face teaching still happens. Thanks to Jim, I am restocked with chorizo and parmesan; my cupboard still has adequate supplies of Brexit beans, and the wonderful Beanies will supply my fresh veg, provisions and healthy wholemeal needs (although I am bracing for lots of post-Brexit native British roots).

Yes, it's cold and dark outside, but the worst thing about the cold and dark is having to go out in it. Those of us who have central heating and electric light are spared the worst of that, and I for one am very grateful.


 

1 comment:

  1. No plans to return to 12v batteries a tank of water and a coal stove any time soon then? (I don't blame you - we can't now anyway)

    ReplyDelete