CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Monday 28 December 2020

A new beetroot for the collection

 
When I last (I think) wrote about my anthropomorphised pottery emotional vegetable receptacle collection, it numbered three (two sad onions and a confused celery). It has since expanded to fifteen - a true collection indeed, including six onions (mostly sad), three celeries, three beetroot, a chutney, an apple sauce, and a cucumber that looks like Tony Blair. Seven of these were purchased as a complete collection, in a charity shop in Hassocks, when I was visiting a friend there. This was quite soon after the collection was begun, so was very serendipitous (and I am clearly, therefore, not the only one). The remainder I have picked up singly in charity shops (and I think I had one further onion from Sebastian).

The most recent acquisition is an absolutely stunning SylvaC beetroot which Sebastian gave me for Christmas. I have had to promise him that I will leave the collection to someone else in my will.

No comments:

Post a Comment