CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Back on the Regents Canal for a night

My friend Mike, he who sold me Andante, has recently - and rather excitingly - acquired a trip boat business (www.canalandrivercruises.com) and last night I was one of the crew on Lady A as he took an office party of nine people for a three hour cruise and a three course meal. My role was to be standby reserve steerer in case Mike had to attend to anything else but everything went so smoothly I didn't have to do anything but keep Mike company while he steered, and work one lock (twice, though!). A professional chef and waitress were on board to work miracles in the tiny kitchen, and the passengers thoroughly enjoyed the trip. As of course, did I.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment