CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Newhaven narrowboat


I've mentioned before seeing a narrowboat moored, somewhat inexplicably, on the Sussex Ouse at Lewes. I don't know if I ever mentioned the one at Newhaven, glimpsed occasionally, in the distance, from the road.

This morning, in a final attempt to get my brain cells to talk to each other so that they could finish an article I've been staring at for weeks, I took myself off for a long walk up the river from Robinson Road to Piddinghoe. And as I walked along by the creek between Robinson Road and Denton Island at low tide, there it was, sitting most incongruously in the estuarial mud. I'd love to know what story it has to tell of how it found its way here.

No comments:

Post a Comment