CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Thursday 14 January 2010

Chertsey: Oldbury to Dimmingsdale


And here are a couple of pictures of Chertsey being towed by Petrel from Oldbury to Dimmingsdale, where I first saw it.

1 comment:

  1. I happened to be at the top of the Wolverhampton 21 when Petrel came up on it's way to Oldbury. Nick Hill (of Jaguar fame in the 1970's had arranged to meet them there. He sat on one of the benches on the grassed area next to where we were moored while I de-clothed Minnow after the winter at thew BCLM. After I went over and sat with him and chatted while he waited. He said to me " I supose I should of helped you with the cloths instead of watching you" An hour after Petrel returned with Chertsey in tow and worked down the flight in front of us.

    ReplyDelete