CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Friday 19 February 2021

Rabbits

There were times in my life when I had very little money. Obviously not destitute or starving, but having to be very careful, and living on debt to a greater or lesser degree. Over the years I acquired many amazing and treasured things at jumble sales, and later, in charity shops (as well as many quickly discarded and forgotten things).  But. Occasionally Jim and I went to antiques shops, and occasionally we would persuade ourselves to buy something we didn't really need and couldn't really afford (although no children starved as a result). Some of these also have probably been forgotten, and even perhaps regretted. 

But not these rabbits, bearing their leafy fruit bowl.  I love them as much now as when I first saw them. I love the whole object - it makes me smile - but most of all I love the depth of the colour of the green majolica glaze.

They now sit on my dining room sideboard, and occasionally look after some bananas for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment