CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Monday 15 February 2021

Noticeboard

This is a splendid green baize-covered noticeboard that I salvaged from work. On it, from top left, is:

  • A diagram depicting the foundation year 'programme on a page' (slightly out of date)
  • A visual guide to uploading a video to the Kaltura platform 
  • A photograph of me at my MA graduation (1998)
  • A photograph of sons 1 & 2 (c. 1997)
  • The invitation to No. 2 son's graduation
  • An inspiring email from a student
  • A cartoon about sheep
  • A cartoon about fairness
  • Two conference badges
  • A birthday card print of Eric Ravilious' painting of Newhaven pier (from my mother)
  • A print of a watercolour of Monsal Viaduct which I found in a library book
  • A ticket for The Divine Comedy at the Brighton Dome (December 2017)
  • An AIDS ribbon (purchased at Brighton station that evening)
  • A postcard of a painting of Sheffield's Botanical Gardens
  • Business card of an academic from Bristol
  • Another conference badge
  • A 'We're With the Woolwich' badge
  • A decision tree for getting started with something when you're stuck
  • My father's 1950s business card from the Board of Trade
  • My Cinema Organ Society membership card
  • My Chesterfield Canal Trust membership card
  • Two appreciative emails from t'Boss (very rare)
  • Print of a watercolour of some flowers by a Seaford artist
  • Flier for the 2020 Learning and Teaching Virtual Scholarship Showcase (I maintain the word 'virtual' is in the wrong place there)
  • Experimental 3D printed Idle Women badges (large and small)
  • A short article about the Teaching Excellence Framework
  • Year on year comparison of marks for different assessments on a module
  • A book review and a post-it for three books I might like to read one day (I've just ordered one of them) 
  • A list of railway stations that sound like they could be people's names
  • A Christmas card picture of a blackbird
  • A birthday card picture of some foxes (from No. 2 son)
  • A note demonstrating the difference between 'as such' and 'therefore' because one of my pet peeves is people using the former when they mean the latter
  • My leave planning
  • A very complex diagram of the University's Unfair Means process (obscured)
  • A Private Eye article about Sheffield Coroner's Court (which may have been demolished by now for all I know)

    Cups of tea so far this February: 144
    Online meetings so far thsi February: 31

No comments:

Post a Comment