CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Tuesday 28 May 2019

Where to next?

Yes, it's time for a little excitement - where will the next random Big Day Out take me? Will it be sonmewhere I can get there and back in a day? Will it be somewhere I can nip to on a whim, or will it require detailed planning? Will I know where it is? Random number generator set up, here goes...

Oooh, what were the chances of getting two places in a row on the same waterway? This is pretty much at the opposite end...


I've been there before - I've even boated through, on someone else's boat. I've helped out on a large Northwich trip boat with a PD2 in the vicinity. It has a university - I've been to a conference there. And I seem to recall being shown some pretty decent pubs off the beaten track when I first visited. I have a boaty contact in the area, which is good. It'll take around three hours to get there, so I think that just about makes it a day trip.

So although it might not be the most obvious choice for a Big Day Out, I'm sure this destination has plenty of interest to offer...


1 comment: