CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Saturday 27 April 2019

Towpath Bath

I'm afraid I can't (or an too lazy to) provide you with an erudite history of the Kennet and Avon Canal here, but here are some pretty photos of bridges on its length through Bath.


I think I prefer the balustrade on the top one to this one.
Still no escaping the Bath stone...
This, believe it or not, is a pumphouse chimney.

Given that it would take about a fortnight just to get this far, I can't see myself being able to make the trip by boat any time soon. This is where you'd join the canal from the river Avon.
Or vice versa. One day... I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment