CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Saturday 26 December 2020

Good morning Sheffield

I've just spent a few days in Tier 2 Newhaven (taking my Sheffield Tier 3 rules with me of course) and curtailing my visit to escape before Tier 4 extended its reach across all of East Sussex (keeping to both the letter and the spirit, which often require completely different actions, requires quite a lot of effort and creative thinking, but given that I scarcely leave the house the rest of the time I have it to spare). 

This meant driving back on Christmas day, reminding me that the last time we drove any significant distance on Christmas day was fifteen years ago, when we first had Warrior, and spent a very cold Christmas enjoying the delights of Chester.

Newhaven was storm-tossed and flood-washed for most of the time I was there, but Christmas day dawned clear, bright, dry and suddenly very cold. The roads were not icy though and the run back was excellent. Expecting a long spell of cold weather, I was pleasantly surprised to find Sheffield balmy this morning.


And a beautiful sunrise to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment