CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Tuesday 25 April 2017

Good signs

Some of my favourite signs of the trip.

This one tickled me for no apparent reason:

This one for a more obvious reason:

And this one, which has to be my top favourite, for its admittedly puerile charm:

In case you're wondering at the omission, I didn't get a photo of Black Cock Bridge - I was too busy trying to get Jim to photograph the jacking points in it that Captain Ahab had told me about, where it had been jacked up successive times to compensate for mining subsidence. Unfortunately Jim didn't have the first idea what I was shouting about, so I've no photos of them either. Also, I'm not that puerile...

1 comment: