CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Thursday 8 September 2011

Tired of life?

When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life, Samuel Johnson famously said. I can only guess that London in 1777 was rather less tiring than it is now...

Although, looking that up to check the date, I see that he said it before he'd actually moved there.

I spent the afternoon in London yesterday, and I couldn't wait to get back to the boat.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. It was great meeting you both on Saturday, but our regret is that we didn't really see Chertsey!, and therefore couldn't appreciate the work you've done. I hope this isn't pushy, but could we come and see Chertsey before you leave the Chesterfield Canal? We know little about such boats, but we are always interested in learning more about various types of craft. You have my Richlow email for a reply. Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, of course, you would be more than welcome. I will email you to sort something out as we are going home tomorrow but hopefully you will be around when we come back, and before we take Chertsey too far from the Chesterfield/Trent.

    ReplyDelete