CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Newhaven honoured

Forget the visit of the Duke of Edinburgh in 1992 (oh, you had) and even Prince Louis-Phillippe in 1848, or the deposit of Lord Lucan's borrowed car two roads down from our house en route to disappearing in 1974... Newhaven has had a visit from Diamond Geezer.

It's given me a new perspective seeing the town (well, not the town centre, obviously, he's got more sense than that) through this super-blogger's eyes, and I think perhaps I appreciate my home town a little bit more. For a while anyway. I also learnt stuff that I'd failed to discover in twenty four years living here. So, better than I could ever put it (and far better researched), enjoy Newhaven Marine Station, Newhaven Fort, and a ten mile clifftop walk from Newhaven to Brighton.

Sorry to have missed you dg.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, Newhaven was a lot nicer than I was expecting. Perhaps I wasn't expecting much, but the fort was great and the harbour somewhat charming.

    Yes, I did completely avoid the town centre, and Paradise Park, and the Tide Mills. Always leave something to come back for...

    ReplyDelete