CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Get off of my land!


My first thought, on seeing this near March, was I wonder how he got it there? Then I thought, I wonder where you go to buy a rocket launcher, complete with rocket, and how much it costs.

It was only later it struck me that had it been adjacent to any other waterway I'd seen this, I would have done a double take and shrieked 'What the fuck is that?!!' - but on the Fens it occasions no more than a raised eyebrow.

4 comments:

  1. The conclusion amongst my tin-hatted friends is that it's a SCUD.

    http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/weapons/q0223.shtml

    How it got there I know not, but I shall think twice about picking fights in pubs in March in the future!

    MP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was for sale (and still might be, I suppose). So that answer to your "how much" question is OIRO £22500

    http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/scud-missile-for-sale-$7887.htm

    MP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps they got it at the army surplus place in Ely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get the odd tankand armoured car around the Braunston Puddle Bank area

    ReplyDelete