CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Monday 1 March 2021

Looking back

April 1st will mark the fifteenth anniversary of the day I started blogging, sitting in my office in the Ramsden Building at the University of Huddersfield (it was the one at the front with the stained glass alpaca window), before returning for the night to Andante, moored on the towpath at Aspley Basin. The impetus for starting the blog was the purchase of Warrior; the inspiration Granny Buttons, alongside the hundreds of other waterways bloggers who came and went over those early years. 

One of the best things about having kept the blog(s) - 2424 posts and counting - is being able to look back and be remind of things I would undoubtedly have otherwise forgotten, and relive my journeys, both literal and metaphorical, in the world of boats and boating.

March, therefore, will be a month of repeats, as I select a couple of key events from each year to look back on - to reminisce, and to reflect - taking me hopefully ever nearer the day I'm back on the boat, and the boat back on the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment