CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Tuesday 9 March 2021

2009: 1 - Warrior on the Trent

It is extraordinary that in 2006 we did a trans-Pennine trip; in 2007 we went to Cambridge; in 2008 London, and in 2009 we went down the Soar

to the Trent, reached the head of navigation of both the Erewash
and Chesterfield
Canals, and went up the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Navigation
as far as Doncaster
before having to turn back for reasons of time, or I might have set foot in Sheffield three years earlier than I eventually did.

I discovered the delights of Newark


and confirmed that getting out of Keadby Lock
is easier than getting in.

I am so glad that we took grasped the opportunity to make those mammoth trips while I had a job that allowed me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment