CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Window of possibility

All may not quite be lost. Yet. I rang British Waterways at Fazeley yesterday to ask whether the ice might have caused the stoppages to be postponed. The answer was that they started Shutts Hill on schedule, yesterday, but it is due to be finished by the 14th. They will then start work on Tixall Lock on the 17th, and finish that by the 28th. So... IF the ice melts, and IF the works happens according to this new schedule, then there could be a window of opportunity to get through over the weekend of the 15th/16th. For the time being I shall pin my hopes on that.

2 comments:

  1. That's very useful information, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted it for you! But I take no responsibility for its accuracy...

    ReplyDelete