CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Wednesday 16 January 2019

Surveying the foundations...

... is the title of a paper that I presented to the Foundation Year Network Annual Conference last year, and subsequently published as an article in the Journal of the Foundation Year Network (of which I also, ahem, happen to be an editor, but it was peer-reviewed, honest guv.)

But if I had titled this post 'Assessment at Level 0', be honest, you wouldn't have looked at it, would you. Whereas a bit of poking about in the basement (or bilges) is far more likely to grab your interest.

Nonetheless, if I'm going to stick with my intention of posting every day, there will have to be an element of recycling. There's 4,000 perfectly good words out there, not to mention a very well-received extended scaffolding metaphor, and I'm not going to let them go to waste.

PDF here.


1 comment:

  1. An interesting piece, being ancient I had never heard of 'annotated bibliography' but I can see that it would have some advantages for the type of student you describe.

    ReplyDelete