CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Tuesday 1 January 2019

Some of the things I might blog about in 2019

And so, this blog enters its tenth year.

As well as musing on anything and everything, there are a few themes and ideas that - who knows - actually might get put itno practice this year. Because I really should get out more. And if I get into that habit from January to September, maybe Semester 1 won't bury me again this year as it has done for the past two.

Here are some things I might do.
  1. Post more thoughts about autism-related stuff, as I work my way through it and think about it a bit more.
  2.  Relaunch the Big Days Out that started so well with an easy-peasy and very successful trip to Saltaire, but foundered on the next random selection, which was Ladybank. However, I allowed someone else to pick that, so maybe it doesn't count.
  3. Visit as many as possible of the pubs in the CAMRA Sheffield's Real Heritage Pubs: Pub Interiors of Historic Interest guide that Adrian and Linda gave me (well, OK, Jim) for Christmas.
  4. Take more photos of interesting post-industrial dereliction, before it all gets gussied up like Kelham Island.
  5. Try to survive a trip to Hebden Bridge in a 72' boat with Jim and two dogs as crew. Against the clock. And the dogs won't work locks.
  6. Post amusing photos of dogs.

Other ideas (and requests) welcome, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment