CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Thursday 8 November 2018

Just the ticket!

Well, well, well.

It appears that without any argument, any appeal, or any footstamping, East Midlands Trains are going to refund me half the cost of my return ticket for the thirty-five minute delay I suffered en route to Brighton the other week.

Dear Dr Hale
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding East Midlands Trains
services, including Delay Repay claims.
I am pleased to let you know that your compensation claim has been
processed to the value of £52.60. 


If you encountered a delay when you travelled with us on the 12 October
2018, between SHEFFIELD and LONDON ST PANCRAS INT at 17:29 we are really
sorry that we let you down on this occasion.
Unfortunately, there are times when things go wrong, which means that we
can’t always run the train service we want to and I am really sorry that we
let you down on this occasion. 


This actually seems quite generous to me, as only my outward journey was delayed, and by less than an hour. They've even thrown in an apology - two, in fact! So well done East Midland Trains. My faith in you is restored.

1 comment:

  1. Given my recent experiences with Trans Pennine and Virgin it seems a pattern of paying twice what is due is developing! A half-hour delay on a return ticket should result in a payment of 25% of the total cost - 50% of the price of the affected leg of the return journey. Perhaps train operating companies are so snowed under with claims they don't bother to check.

    ReplyDelete